Hot Melt Adhesives
1. Young, John; Ambrose, Linda, and Lobo, Lois, "Stirring Up Innovation: Environmental Improvements in Paints and Adhesives," New York, INFORM, 1994
2. "Source Reduction and Recycling of Halogenated Solvents in the Adhesive Industry," Technical Support Document, Pasadena, Calif., Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
3. "Adhesives Manufacture, Source Reduction for Chlorinated Solvents," Source Reduction Research Partnership, June 1991.
4. "US Adhesives Demand to Reach 14 Billion lbs. by 2001," Adhesives Age, p. 38, September 1997.
5. "Demand for PS Products to Reach $14 Billion," Adhesives Age, p. 38, December 1997.
6. McMinn, Beth W, Snow, W. Scott, and Bowman, Dan T., "Solvent-Based to Waterbased Adhesive-Coated Substrate Retrofit, Vol. 1: Comparative Analysis," National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Research Triangle Park, EPA-600/R-95-011a, April 1996.
7. Personal correspondence, L. J. Carlson, Environmental Science Services, Inc., Providence, RI, May 1998.
8. Shell Chemical Company Advertisement, Adhesives Age, p. 5, December 1997.
9. Sony Chemicals Advertisement, Adhesives Age, p. 10, December 1997.
10. Berejka, Anthony, "Reengineering PSA Manufacture for VOC Reduction and Energy Savings," Adhesives Age, p. 28, September 1997.
11. Watson, Chris, Geometric, "Hot Melt Coating Methods: The More They Change, the More They Stay the Same," 1996 Hot Melt Symposium, TAPPI Proceedings, 1996.
12. Hughes, Frank, Nordson Corporation, "New Polyurethane Reactive Hot Melt Applications: Growing the Hot Melt Marketplace." 1997 Hot Melt Symposium, TAPPI Proceedings, 1997.
13. Gray, Dennis, "Product Assembly with PUR Adhesives," Adhesives Age, p. 22, October 1997.
14. Hoffman, William and Miles, David E., "UV Light-Cured PSAs Provide Application Alternatives," Adhesives Age, April 1992, pp. 20-24.
15. Sheldahl, Inc., "Methylene Chloride Replacement with Environmentally Safer Solvents in Thermoset Adhesive Systems Using Hot Coating Technique." Northfield, Minn. Sheldahl, September 15, 1992.
16. Personal correspondence, M. E. Flanagan, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, May 1998.
17. "Pollution Prevention Assessment for a Manufacturer of Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive Tape," National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Cincinnati, EPA, August 1995, ISBN: EPA/600/S-95/023.
Continue on to the Appendix A page of the Adhesives Technology Reviews.
Return to the introduction of the Hot Melt Adhesives Technology Review.
© 1999, Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
phone: 206-352-2050, e-mail: email@example.com, web: www.pprc.org